ANST - A&S "skill ranks"...34~

Tim McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Mon Jan 5 22:25:09 PST 1998

On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, Mike C. Baker wrote:
> > (Similarly, N different heralds can do a court N different ways,
> > even if they say exactly the same words.)
> ... but I must accuse you of over-simplifying your example. N
> heralds can "do court" AT LEAST N!  (N-factorial) different ways,
> and that only takes into account solo officiations and completely
> neglects individual variation over time.

(pedantic mathematical mode)

I merely stated that N heralds can do a court N ways.  I did not
specify an upper bound or an exact bound; it is only a lower bound.

Daniel "The exact bound is an exercise for the student.  Oh, and
please send me an algorithm to generate the 8*10**47 ways in which
you assert 40 heralds at this year's Known World Heraldic Symposium
could do a single court" de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work address.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us is wrong tool.  Never use this.