ANST - gibberish in my mail?

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Jan 7 08:06:47 PST 1998

Paul Mitchell said something that sounded like:
> Maybe Bors has been a bit curmudgeonly about it, but he's an old
> guy, we could cut him a bit of slack.

He's just like that. *smile*

(What was it he called himself. A grumpy old fart?)

> If you reply to a note, another will get attached at the bottom.  On
> long threads, you might see quite a few of these scattered throughout
> messages.  It would be courteous, and it would make your messages
> easier to read, if you just highlight the thing, and hit "backspace".
> It cleans up your messages quite a bit.  I usually delete lengthy
> ".sig" files from the ends of messages I'm replying to, as well.

Thank you Viscount Galen. This is quite helpful and polite.

*My* problem was the *way* Baron Bors and others have tried to get
people to change. I have no problem with someone asking others to help
cut down, but I don't like people being rude about it nor insistant or
demanding. *I* will not insist that people do it on the mailing list.

There are a lot of poeple who don't know what the net is all about, what
Netiquette is, what the protocols are nor in some cases how to use their
software correctly. In this day and age, there are a lot of people who
need assistance using the software that their ISP or friend gave them.

*Politely* letting them know, especially in private, will usually get
people to change. On the other hand, if you are rude to them, epsecially
in public, people are unlikely to listen to you.

Unfortunately the Net is the in thing and easy enough that anyone can do
it.

Fortunately the Net is the in thing and easy enough that anyone can do it.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase  |  "I know that I will never be politically correct
Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   I don't give a damn about my lack of etiquette