ANST - What? Us Pompous? Nah....

Martin, Brian bmartin at origin.ea.com
Wed Jan 7 12:59:47 PST 1998

<<Comments below>>

I didn't say it was necessarily *bad*.  I agree with Sir P'n'C that we
don't
have enough show in the SCA.  However, there are a few folks who take
themselves *way* too seriously and end up ruining a good time for the
rest
of us  Not you, Pendaran, I like the way you play the game and wish
more
folks would follow suit...myself included (I can't be pompous because
don't have enough self-confidence--that's not always the same thing as
being
egotistical).  The thing we all have to remember is that IT'S ONLY A
GAME.
<grin--preachy mode off>

Catherine

tasks.

Sorry, Catherine, I didn't mean to sound as though I was offended by
your comments or that you thought that pompous necessarily meant ego.
It was just your post that reminded me of that line of thought.

As for your comments that the SCA is a game: I couldn't agree more!!
It is a game and it should be fun. If someone is in the SCA and
they're not having fun, I think that they're wasting a lot of time and
money. I also agree that folks shouldn't take themselves too
seriously. I should know, I tried telling people at work that I was
the baron and that they should all do what I say and they just ignored
me. Hey, come to think of it, that's what the people in Bryn Gwlad do
too. :)

Pendaran