ANST - What? Us Pompous? Nah....

Tim McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Wed Jan 7 21:53:37 PST 1998

On Wed, 7 Jan 1998, Pendaran / Martin, Brian <bmartin at origin.ea.com>
wrote:
> As for your comments that the SCA is a game: I couldn't agree more!!
> It is a game and it should be fun. If someone is in the SCA and
> they're not having fun, I think that they're wasting a lot of time
> and money.

May I digress onto a tangent that this provoked?

I have read reports of people doing minor or major SCA "atrocities",
and when confronted saying "It's just a game!".  Yes, it's a game.
Yes, have fun.  Do realize, though, that real people are involved, and
real people and property can be hurt, and dishonorable conduct in this
game is still evil.

> I should know, I tried telling people at work that I was the baron
> and that they should all do what I say and they just ignored me.
> Hey, come to think of it, that's what the people in Bryn Gwlad do
> too. :)

Just for you, Pendaran ... 8-)

Daniel "'Pompous, artificial, and awful', and loving it" de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work address.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us is wrong tool.  Never use this.