ANST - The Sword of State (long)

Martin, Brian bmartin at origin.ea.com
Thu Jan 8 08:26:45 PST 1998

(Comments made concerning the story of the Sword of State)

>... Wow.  It is an amazing story.  I love to hear about group
history,
>and this illuminated so much.  Please pass on my humble thanks to
the
>good Viscountess, and my thanks for the sonnet.
>
>(I would normally send this as private e-mail, but I think public
>praise is most appropriate for this story.  -- Oh, one more pass-on
>request: "More, please?".)

I, too, would like to see more like this, but hopefully not in the
wake of
such a tragic loss to the kingdom.

Catherine

	Yes, it is truly an amazing story. It is also a shame that this
amazing story, along with many other stories of people and deeds and
traditions in our kingdom have almost been forgotten in recent years.
I personally feel that the Lions of Ansteorra, above all others are
most responsible for passing these stories and traditions along to the
new generations of the kingdom. I also feel that we, the Lions, have
done a poor job of this. Because of this, I pledge to a better job of
telling the stories that are the heritage of our kingdom so that our
legends our heroes and our traditions continue to live in the hearts,
minds and memories of this fair kingdom.

-Pendaran