ANST - The Sword of State (long)

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Mon Jan 12 06:08:25 PST 1998

Sir Pendaran commented:

>         Yes, it is truly an amazing story. It is also a shame that this
> amazing story, along with many other stories of people and deeds and
> traditions in our kingdom have almost been forgotten in recent years.
> I personally feel that the Lions of Ansteorra, above all others are
> most responsible for passing these stories and traditions along to the
> new generations of the kingdom. I also feel that we, the Lions, have
> done a poor job of this. Because of this, I pledge to a better job of
> telling the stories that are the heritage of our kingdom so that our
> legends our heroes and our traditions continue to live in the hearts,
> minds and memories of this fair kingdom.

I too, love to hear such stories. When posted on a public newsgroup or
maillist, I will often add them to the files in my Florilegium so that
others that missed them the first time or who join the Society in the
future may read them too.

I encourage others to post such stories. If you have written such a
story for a local newsletter, please consider sending a copy to me
for consideration for inclusion in my files. With such articles sent
to my by email, the author retains the copyright and credit and I will
remove or update the article upon request of the author.

In the past month or two, I added a large amount of new material to
my Ansteorran history file. Those who haven't looked at the file
since then might want to take a look. The file is in the SCA STORIES
section:
Anst-hist-msg     (97K) 11/ 3/97    Histories of the Kingdom of Ansteorra.

There are other files in this section about the other kingdoms. My files
can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Lord Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad