ANST - Meetings and Volume at Steppes 12th Night

Tim McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Mon Jan 12 20:07:06 PST 1998

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, Gunnora Hallakarva <gunnora at bga.com> wrote:

> First, as to the volume: yes the noise was loud.  It was
> hard to hear from the first row, and impossible beond the
> fifth.  Yes, people were talking, but no worse than at
> other events.

The acoustics were indeed bad, but "normal" levels of
talking * the largest indoor event in the kingdom ==
inaudible.  The fuggheads who kept talking (and some who I
had hoped would know better, like N-year high-ranking
people) were annoying me to no end.

> The hall itself was constructed with the idea of
> electronic amplification.

I was at Atlantian 12th night the weekend before.  700
attended.  There were mikes -- cordless.  When it was
audible, it was distractingly modern.  Mostly it was
inaudible.  The royalty mumbled lowly.  The heralds were
mostly OK.  People in court were totally inaudible.  I think
it was a Bad Idea.

--
Daniel "not Very Bad, but still Bad" de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work address.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us is wrong tool.  Never use this.