ANST - Horses

Nan Bradford-Reid ad-4na at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 13 07:41:11 PST 1998

At 05:12 PM 1/12/98 -0600, you wrote:
>> Fortunately, Bandit was on the small side,
>> less than 1000 lbs.  If she had been a full sized warmblood, like the others
>> we used, Alisha might not be here.
>
>> Catherine
>
>Oh, Lord! If Alisha had been on the horse I was riding, Ursula, she would have
>been crushed! I had to climb a fence to get on her and then I dislocated my
hips
>because she was so wide. Luckily, Ursula was extremely gentle and well-trained.
>She was an absolute joy to ride once I got the hang of it.

Yes, Ursula is HUGE, but has a heart of gold, of course, Ursula *was* the
one who sat on the table <giggle>.  All joking aside, it was the nervousness
on the part of Ursula and Illusion that partially led to Bandit's panic and
the Queen's discomfiture.

Catherine
|N. Bradford-Reid              |"If you want to inspire confidence, |
|Air Force ROTC Detachment 825 |*give plenty of statistics*.  It    |
|The University of Texas       |does not matter that they should be |
|AD-4NA at mail.utexas.edu        |accurate, or even intelligible, so  |
|Phantom CAP SQDN 42352        |long as there is enough of them."   |
|A-1 Skyraiders Association    |                  Lewis Carroll     |