ANST - Too many meetings, too little fun

Dottie Elliott macdj at onr.com
Tue Jan 13 09:30:46 PST 1998

When I lived in Atlantia, I attended these Red-Tape events. It has been
over 8 years ago and my memory is sketchy and I can't remember what it
was called (something like the Unevent) but it was all business. That's
when all the officers of all the groups met, got training, got answers,
and so forth. There were circle meetings and so forth. Garb was not worn
if I remember it right.  It lasted usually one day and alot got done.
Certainly, it was very useful for the officers because they actually GOT
some training. I liked the idea a lot.

As part of TRM entourage, I have been AMAZED at the amount of time the
peers spent in meetings, particularly the Laurels. I don't see how y'all
get much time to enjoy events at all. As a Baronial Seneschal, I have
been DISMAYED at the lack of available training and Q&A time for
officers.  A business event could help with both of these. Certainly,
peerage circles would have to meet at other times perhaps but hopefully
alot of the business of the reign could be addressed early on with such
an event.

The evening of such an event could be available for a simple dinner,
dancing and talking time in garb.  This would be a fun way to end the
business event.

Clarissa