ANST - Meetings and Volume at any Court

Burke McCrory bmccrory at oktax.state.ok.us
Thu Jan 15 10:10:00 PST 1998

At 01:58 AM 1/15/98 -0500, you wrote:

><< > And a couple of unattached male-types to escort ladies who
> > don't have a lord or who get within 20 or so feet of the
> > Presence and no one has jumped to their aid.
>
> I think the ladies of Ansteorra are more than strong enough
> to get to the foot of the dais without aid!
>  >>

>I'd have to agree with this.  Personally I think escorting is to show
support,
>and should be from a a person who's helped support the award Recipient, and
>perhaps help to encourage and inspire them to do whatever it is they do that
>deems them worthy of recognition.  I personally feel that this image is lost
>if just "any random person who happens to be standing nearby" will do.  if
>they don't have a lord ( or lady) in attendence,maybe they have special
>friends, and barring that.. maybe they earned  it "on their own" and would
>prefer receiving it that way.
>      just something to think about,
>         Letha/Lonnie/Cricket
>      Ffynnon Gath, Ansteorra

I disagree,  Yes the ladies of Ansteorra are more than capable of getting
to the dais without aid.  BUT, that is a mostly a 20th century perspective.
 Ladies in most places in the middle ages would have always been escorted,
to not be would have been scandalous.  I think, and will continue to
encourage, that any lady called into the presence to be escorted as a
statement of the high standing that we hold all ladies in.

In Service to the Dream

Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald
Baron of Wiesenfeuer
Kingdom of Ansteorra