ANST - Adopt me - Rowan

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Thu Jan 15 07:14:26 PST 1998

On 15 Jan 98 at 14:18, stddly at SHSU.edu wrote:

> The SCA may not even be your cup of tea. You may find that you would
> like to persue your religious connections more than the historically
> based stuff (supposedly) that we do. Though there are a fair amount
> of pagans in the SCA it would be more appropriate to express your
> paganness through other organizations.

"it would be more appropriate to express your paganness through other
organizations"

take a step back and look at that sentence and what it convey's to a
new-comer looking for a place in the SCA.

if there is room for christians / moslems / buddhists / ... to
explore the historical side of their nature, there is plenty of room
.. in fact there *must* be room for the pagan types to do the same

.... if memory serves wasn't Rome a "pagan" culture that has a well
defined and accepted SCA presence?

whenever one segment is singled out, that's called discrimination and
can not be tolerated - either officially or un-officially.

'wolf
... another of those unpopular pagan / keltoi types ...

... In Mortis Veritas