ANST - Adopt me - Rowan

Patrick St. Jean psj at cgmlarson.com
Thu Jan 15 13:51:05 PST 1998

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, j'lynn yeates wrote:
> if there is room for christians / moslems / buddhists / ... to
> explore the historical side of their nature, there is plenty of room
> ... in fact there *must* be room for the pagan types to do the same

  Unless of course you're talking about a definitely non-period belief
system such as any of the "neo-pagan" types like Wicca, many of the
goddess sects, etc.  Some of the more popular ones didn't even exist 100
years ago.  Please don't respond saying that "..." did, note the word
"some" in the previous sentence.
  The word pagan comes from (if I remember correctly) the latin word for
country dweller.  Meaning that true pagans were most likely germanic
tribes and their Odin/Wotan/??? Norse-ish pantheons.  The Christians
adopted it to mean anything non-Christian and since then it's gotten more
and more butchered...

  Just a small tidbit of what mind I have left...

Felipé San Juan