ANST - Meetings and Volume at any Court

Kateryn Heathrydge heatherford.manor at juno.com
Thu Jan 15 20:17:36 PST 1998

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998 22:38:59 -0600 (CST) Tim McDaniel <tmcd at crl.com>
writes:

>Another court idea while I'm here: "mainbour".  A vassal was
>often said to be "under the hand" of their lord.  If the
>vassal was summoned into another court, they often had the
>right to have their lord go into the court instead, and the
>lord would then summon the vassal into his own court to rule
>and make a judgment.  If the Crown or Baron/ess knows that
>someone is a feudal dependent of another, the one holding
>court could summon the lord/lady, and the lord/lady could
>pass it on in their own court.  *I* like the idea; I
>provided for it in my fealty contract with my liege lady,
>Baroness Kay of Triasterium of the Middle Kingdom.  I don't
>know about others -- would a squire rather get his Falcon
>from his knight in a meeting of his household, say, or in a
>public forum directly?  I guess it depends on the person.

I recieved my AoA while my residence was devided between Grimfells and
Northkeep.  The timing was such that I was in Ansteorra the day the court
where my AoA was officially presented, so some kind gentle accepted for
me.  At the time Their Highnesses lived in our shire.  My AoA was
presented at a shire event, and that was really pretty cool.

As a side note, one of my firends accidently let the cat out of the bag,
so I found out about my AoA in the middle of the cafeteria the first day
of semester.  I bet the folks around wondered why I was so excited...

Kateryn Heathrydge
Three Rivers, Calontir
heatherford.manor at juno.com