ANST - Courtesies - (was meetings and vol)

njones at ix.netcom.com njones at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jan 15 21:11:37 PST 1998

Kat MacLochlainn wrote:
> Besides, it carries over into mundane life, too.  I just love the
> thank you's and looks of amazement I get when I offer to hold the
> door for someone who is easily 50 years my senior.  It's like I come
> from another planet.

I had this happen just the other day.  There are four very nice older
women in my piano class, I'd guesstimate them at mid to late sixties.  I
turned to hold the door the other day and was about run over by them.
It never occured to them that I would hold the door, and so they were
following behind me like ducklings.

Gio,
an equal opportunity door holder.