ANST - Meetings and Volume at any Court

mirrim at texas.net mirrim at texas.net
Fri Jan 16 01:50:02 PST 1998

Baron Burke McCrory wrote:
(snip)
> I think, and will continue to encourage, that any lady
> called into the presence to be escorted as a statement of
> the high standing that we hold all ladies in.
(snip)

I would much rather have help carrying things or setting something
up.  I have seen too many people watch someone who is overburdened
without offering to help, but then jump up to escort a lady into
court!  Unfortunately most of them are higher ranking, long term
members of the SCA.  I really don't want someone escort me into court
if they can't be bothered to at least offer to help with the work.

Mirrim