ANST - Points of Honor?

Chris and Elisabeth Zakes moondrgn at bga.com
Sat Jan 17 23:36:33 PST 1998

At 09:49 AM 1/16/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Tim McDaniel wrote:
>
>>I think it's a lot like the debate about "points of honor"
>>on the list field.
>
>I don't want to start a brouhaha, but what are "points of honor", exactly?

Interkingdom Anthropology at work...

A "point of honor" is when one fighter gains an advantage over his
opponent, then discards it. For example, if he takes his opponent's arm,
then throws away his own shield. In some areas, the herald or marshal will
specifically announce these actions. They're also known as "acts of chivalry".

The debate is over whether or not they *should* be announced.

	-Tivar Moondragon
Amateur Interkingdom Anthropologist <G>