ANST - Red Tape

John Ruble jruble at urocor.com
Wed Jan 21 10:17:34 PST 1998

> Don Doré wrote:
>
> Let me see if I can sum up the ideas for this event:

As someone pointed out, if we add dancing and pickup fights it will turn
into an event, which is what I was ranting against last week.  We need
to keep the focus on the meetings.

I like these suggestions.  I would add to them:

1) Group projects, such as tabard making, war arrow making, tent &
pavilion repair, etc. Anything of such nature that it can be picked up
and set back down, yet benefits the kingdom.  As people come out of a
meeting and are waiting on the next, or are waiting for their ride to
get out of the next, they can sit down and work on something with other
people.  Chatting is a necessity of human nature; this is why quilting
bees are so successful.

2) Fund-raising activities, like a car wash or yard sale (JUST FOR
EXAMPLE, please don't nail me on these two. My creative juices haven't
reconstituted yet...)  Something that basically just needs to be manned,
yet can pour some money back into the Kingdom Coffers or help pay for
the event.

That's it for now.  I need to water my wit: no one likes a dry wit...

Ulf Gunnarsson
*---These are my opinions only, and not the opinions of my employers,
*---spouse, or family doctor.  So there.  Contents may settle during
*---shipping.  Send spelling complaints to ulf at urocor.com