ANST - Re: Proposition: a Kingdom Business Meeting

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Thu Jan 22 09:07:45 PST 1998

Galen of Bristol here!

Somebody remarked on how few peers have taken part in this
discussion.

Scott Powers wrote:

> >Maybe something more like:
> >
> >0900  Seneschal
> >1000  Chirurgeon
> >1100  Minister of Children
> >Lunch
> >1330  Knight Marshal
> >1430  Rapier Marshal
> >1530  A&S Minister
> >1630  Hospitaller
> >1730  Centurions
> >Dinner
> >1900 White Scarves
> >2000 Laurel
> >2100 Chivalry
> >2200 Pelican

Ouch!  What have you got against us poor Pelicans to
_plan_ the _beginning_ of our circle at 10:00 pm?

Actually, remarkably few peers hold office in this
kingdom, relative to the number of peers there are.
I see no reason not to hold peerage circles at the
same time as officer meetings (although you might
want the chivalry in attendance at the marshalate meeting,
as we're all marshals).

Also, one hour is way too short for a major peerage
circle.  Sorry.  But we need some time in which we can
have a basically unlimited time (up to, say, 3 hours)
to discuss and wrangle, dispute, persuade, and reach
what consensus we can.  I thought holding this event
was for the purpose of letting us do such a meeting
at a time when it won't ruin a Steppes 12th Night or
an Elfsea Defender

> >Sunday
> >
> >              Track A                   Track B          Track C
> >0900  Marshal's Class - Armored    Seneschal Training
> >1000  Marshal's Class - Rapier     Treasurer Trng
> >1100  Chronicler Trng              Hospitaller Trng      MoC Trng
>
> Have you forgotton the "Great Officer's of State Meeting?"
>
> Also, why do you have a Knight Marshal meeting and a Marshal's Class?  Are
> these not pretty much the same thing?

Not at all.  I don't have any need for a marshaling class, but I do
need a briefing on the recent changes to armor regs, and what will/won't
be allowed at the War.

> Rumil

- Galen of Bristol, KSCA, Pel.
pmitchel at flash.net