ANST - Court Herald Style

Frank D. Jurgens jurgens at ghg.net
Tue Jan 6 15:56:38 PST 1998

>As a beginning court herald myself, I would love to seek these people out
>and take a few notes from them on preparation, presentation, and projection.

Dieterich

As a court herald and as a baron, I would add one piece of advice.  If you
are at all unsure of what to say and when.  GET A SCRIPT!  I am more than
happy to provide my heralds with a script for court.  The scripts I have
given have been as short as 2 lines and as detailed as writing down EXACTLY
what I wanted the herald to say, word for word (this was for a nervous
herald doing their first court).

A not on voice projection that I tell heralds:  the voice is like any other
wind instrument, the more air that is moved the louder the sound.  When
projecting your voice, you will use more air and will have to take breaths
more often.  The extreme of this is heralding outside and trying to cover a
very wide area (such as the camping area).  When crying the camp, I will
breath after as 4 words depending on how loud I am trying to be.

I hope that this helps

Leofric Ealdricson
Baron of Loch Soilleir