ANST - Court Herald Style

Kateryn R Heathryge heatherford.manor at juno.com
Wed Jan 7 15:32:07 PST 1998

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998 17:56:38 -0600 jurgens at ghg.net (Frank D. Jurgens)
writes:

>A not on voice projection that I tell heralds:  the voice is like any
>other
>wind instrument, the more air that is moved the louder the sound.
>When
>projecting your voice, you will use more air and will have to take
>breaths
>more often.  The extreme of this is heralding outside and trying to
>cover a
>very wide area (such as the camping area).  When crying the camp, I
>will
>breath after as 4 words depending on how loud I am trying to be.

I like the term "breath support", as that is how it feels for me.

Also, please feel free to practice, practice, practice.  Find a willing
person to stand a long way back from you and tell them to listen and
critique whether you are loud enough and distinct enough.  Or, find a
long room with bad accoustics and see if you can hear your voice bounce
off the back wall (much more fun, and doesn't require a willing
vict..uuh, participant).

Also, for the all-important breathing, try this.  Put a book edge-wise
against a wall and your diaphram against the other edge of the book.  If
you are breathing correctly, you will push yourself out from the wall.

fustrated music teacher stuck subbing.  Chee, it's nice to use my real
skills!

Kateryn Heathrydge
Three Rivers, Calontir
heatherford.manor at juno.com
c/o Grimfells Witness Relocation Program