ANST - Court Herald Style

Tim McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Wed Jan 7 21:17:25 PST 1998

On Wed, 7 Jan 1998, Pendaran / Martin, Brian wrote:
> When heralding in poorly lit areas, I will opt for a torch, candle
> or lantern every time. If non of those are available, I think that
> I'd rather recite the scrolls from memory rather than use a
> flashlight that can be seen by the audience. So there. :)

Oh, certainly -- a period light source is far preferable, if it can be
done safely.  A book light is a far-distant second.  Those who can
recite charter texts from memory are better men than I!

The Beam-and-Read is also useful in tents.  The light shines down at
what's in front of you, not up at the roof like with a lantern on the
floor or towards the side like a flashlight.  Also, your hands are
free.

--
Daniel de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com