ANST - Meetings and Volume at Steppes 12th Night

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Jan 14 05:15:29 PST 1998

Tim McDaniel said something that sounded like:
> > Also, there were a number of small children who cannot be
> > merely stuffed in a closet for this duration of court.
> I have to get a "smart remark" out of my system.  I belive
> "crying children are like good intentions -- they should be
> carried out as soon as possible".  (Alternative: "crying
> children are like good intentions -- the road to Hell is
> paved with them".)
>
> Seriously, crying wasn't a problem, as far as I heard.  And
> probably my not being a parent affects my opinions strongly.
> However, I think it's the parents' responsibility to make
> sure their children do not affect others in a major way.

Good Morning,

  I am a parent, and I feel the same as you do.

  My lady and myself always *try* to remove our son when he's crying or
  throwing a fit, be it from court, populace meeting or a restaurant.
  It's rude to force your child's bad behavior on others, IMHO.

  As well, letting them play is great. Letting them play near the dias
  is very inconsiderate, unless it's the child of someone who is actually
  up there. Letting them run wild and do as they please is rude.

  From my experiences in daycare, with friends' children and my own,
  children do what you expect for the most part. If you expect them to
  behave, they will. If you don't expect them to, they probably won't.
  There are always exceptions to the rule, but even the exceptions seem
  to follow it when they around only people who behave this way.

  Of course, I'm not an expert so don't listen to me or your child might
  end up like ours instead of "well-adjusted to society".

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase  |  "We have a constitutional right to make
Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   fools of ourself."