ANST - Meetings and Volume at Steppes 12th Night

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Wed Jan 14 11:31:08 PST 1998

Catherine wrote:
> something Conor and I have discussed for a long time is
> having gifts and presentations to the Crown, unless from a
> group (Barony, Shire, etc.) made during feast or some
> other time.

The Baron of the Steppes has that policy -- no presentations
or other unofficial business in court at 12th Night or
Warlord.  That only happens during the smaller events (Fall
Court, often Artisan).  "Official business" means awards and
official announcements.  He doesn't distinguish between
groups and individuals for this, I think, but how often does
a baron get presentations from other groups?

I'm reconsidering the idea of an award cutoff at a big event
-- that is, no awards given below level N for some N.  When
I heard the original plan for Steppes 12th Night, being
separate courts for AoA, GoA, and Patent-level awards, I
though "oh, how nice.  Middle of the bus *and* back of the
bus.  Second *and* third-class citizens."  To boot them
entirely?  I'd want a *big* trial balloon before instituting
that.

Daniel "Not that trial balloons deflect fire -- consider the
pr*nc*p*l*ty issue" de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work account.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us ... is wrong tool.  Never use this.