ANST - Meetings and Volume at any Court

Nan Bradford-Reid ad-4na at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jan 14 12:07:03 PST 1998

At 01:55 PM 1/14/98 PST, you wrote:
>Greetings, Ansteorra
>
>Zara Zina here.  I just love the Group-think on this list!!!

>Many of these thoughts have been put forth by others on this list.  I do
not like the idea of planning AOA or below courts and GOA and above courts,
but some courts where TRM are unable to attend end up that way.  Generally,
Grants and above are only given out by TRM, but exceptions have been made
for some Iris' and Stars of Merit.

You wouldn't necessarily have to plan 2 different types of courts, just cut
off awards at really BIG events at GoA and above--unless there is a really
deserving person, especially one who might have worked very hard on that
particular event.  Then Anything lower would be presented at a different
time.  If you have problem with it being presented at someone else's small
event and your particular group won't have another event for, say, six
months, well, then, you'd kind of have to do it anyway. <G>  This is all
just kind of brainstorming...I'm not even sure I agree totally with this
idea, but it does merit looking into.

>Any other ideas for the smooth-running of court?

Have more than one aisle leading to and from the dais!  And a couple of
unattached male-types to escort ladies who don't have a lord or who get
within 20 or so feet of the Presence and no one has jumped to their aid.  I
suppose we could be PC and have ladies to escort the unattached lords,
too....nah. ;^)

                                |   DAIS   |
                                   /  |  \
                                  /   |   \
                         people /  peo|ple  \ people

Catherine
whodoesntreallyhavemuchtimetowasteandwhosecarpaltunneliskillingherandshereal
lyshouldstop