ANST - About me - Rowan

Baronman Baronman at aol.com
Thu Jan 15 07:10:21 PST 1998

>I'm Rowan, I'm 21 and single. I have an 8-5 m-f job, so I hope that means
>I'll
>be able to participate often!  and I'm new to Tulsa and the SCA.  I'm a
little
>shy, though, so meeting new people is kind of a daunting task.

One of the projects that as Baron and Baroness, I and my wife implimented was
a fostering program.  We tried to match up people just like you with couples
who we thought would guide and nurture the new person through the whys, wheres
and pitfalls of the SCA.  We, ourselves took two lovely ladies as our foster
daughters, HL Teleri and Lady Leslie.  Both have gone and remained in the SCA
many years, in fact we are about to lose our Teleri in marriage to the Lord
Manfred.  This has worked  out very well in the past.  Perhaps you could find
a couple that exemplifies the persona or qualities that you are looking for
and ask if they would foster you?

 >My religion
>is a Celtic Pagan religion so I want my persona (sp?) to be also.

Sounds like you would make a great 14 th. century Scot- We were all
excommunicated
from the Church for most of the middle 1300's. You'd fit in great.

Baron Bors of Lothian

Homine insulso et ad docendum minus idoneo
An incompetent man quite incapable of teaching