ANST - heraldry and names

Dennis and/or Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 15 11:42:31 PST 1998

Daniel wrote:
><< BTW, Rowan: Personally, I suggest using a historically
> >documentable first name

and Rowan asked:
>what does "historically documentable" mean exactly? It has to be truly
written
>down on something that has survived till now?

Daniel forgot to mention that you can use *one* of your mundane names
(first, last, middle)  as part of your SCA name without having to document
it's use in period. So if your real first name is Rowan, you can use that
as your SCA first name.

As to looking for documentation sources for names, there are some very
knowlegable (and equally chatty ;-> ) heralds out there that will be more
than happy to share resource info with you.

Good luck.

Aquilanne

Dory Grace--The Inkwell
denouncer of Tytyvylus & warrior crone