ANST - Meetings and Volume at Steppes 12th Night

mirrim at texas.net mirrim at texas.net
Fri Jan 16 01:50:02 PST 1998

Lee Martindale / Llereth Wyddffa an Myrddin wrote:
(snip)
> A bit more bluntly, then.  If the need for larger, better
> appointed sites for Steppes 12th Night is prompted by the
> conversion of that event from "local" to "kingdom", whether
> officially designated or merely "hijacked", then it is my
> feeling that the Kingdom should be willing to "pay the freight".

Maybe it's just that your event is growing and becoming more popular.
It's not that the Kingdom wants it to be a "kingdom event".  It's
most convenient to do business there because a majority of the people
involved in that business were planning to go anyway.  This way a
larger burden isn't put on those people requiring extra travel.

If you want the Kingdom to help "pay the freight", how are you going
to split the profit with them.  The local group profits by having
more people attend the event when the Crown will be there.

Bryn Gwlad routinely spends $1200 for our Candlemas site.  We are
honored to have the Crown choose us for Kingdom activities in
conjuction with our event.

Mirrim