ANST - Event costs

Galen W. Bevel galenbv at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jan 16 15:43:59 PST 1998

Jerry Norris wrote:

> On the order of making bank accounts grow, are we assuming that prosperous
> events are the only way to increase the amounts in our coffers?

No, but one of the posts I was replying to said something along the
lines that we should look at the bank balance at the beginning of the
year and at the end, and if the percentage increase was significant,
then the group was charging to much for site fees.  Your point simply
adds to my own.  If you charge a decent site fee, and do other fund
raisers, your balance would grow even more.  Does that mean that groups
who do other fundraising activities should be told to lower their site
fees because their accounts are growing too fast?  I don't think so, and
to be honest, I don't think anyone else does either.

Graf Galen K.