ANST - re: apples and oranges

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Sat Jan 24 09:11:52 PST 1998

... sorry, it had to be said

> In the 9 years I have played, I have seen one cloven fruit up close.
> Someone taught a class on it at a wInterkingdom, and one of my
> companions participated.  The lemon she came away with was a thing
> of beauty, bedecked with cloves, elaborate gold pins, and purple
> ribbons.  We used it as a ceterpiece at our feast table.  I think
> she might have torn your arm off if you did anything to mar her
> fruit...

as the re-named thread indicates, we're talking about two entirely
differeing things here ... one a art'ish production that is totally
harmless amd welcome.  unfortunately, it shares genre with a the
other - a  more "base" tradition that was prevalent in the early
SCA periods and has fallen out of favor (thankfully) in these later
years.

'wolf

.. drink responsibly, have a designated grocer

... si vis pacem, para bellum