ANST - cleaning chainmail

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Fri Jul 3 09:39:50 PDT 1998

On 3 Jul 98, at 4:01, Sandy M Koenig wrote:

> I have also heard of people using cement mixers, but I think it messes
> them up.  Wouldn't it leave dents in the dryer as well?

tried it once .. spent too much time re-weaving the damage it did to the
mail.  one of the small mixers without internal blades would work well (or
stuffing a liner inside - a polyethelene food service container for example.

the damge to the dryer was something i mentioned in a post previous to
this ... also, if it's one of the older enamel / porcelan on steel type drums
(most new ones are stainless), you'll seriously mess up the internal surface

> dragging the chainmail behind the truck on the beach sounds like fun.

fell under the catagory of "experiments to perform when totally bored" ...
was also a good reason for a co-op run to the beach for a party weekend.

one comments, watch out fo the "men-of-war" washed up on the beach ....
the really make a mess in the mail and the stingers can get embedded into
the mesh (personally, i never go near the gulf with a good supply of
"Adolph's Meat Tenderizer" - breaks down the jellyfish enymes that are
trying to disgest your flesh if you have a run-in with them)

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves