ANST - Re: Kids with Boffers

Franchesca Havas ches at io.com
Wed Jul 8 00:05:32 PDT 1998

Speaking to a few of the members of the barony at our Business meeting
yesterday I found that there were many who felt the main problem with
keeping our youth in was the parents. They feel there are too many
irresponsible parents in the SCA to have an effective system of young
fighters. I have only seen one incident of this and it scared me, the little
girl what wrapping the list ropes around her neck. By the time I got to her
it was already wond 3 times. Her mother yelled at me for unraveling the
child.

Do any of you also feel that parenting in the SCA is not up to snuff?

Ches