ANST - Re: Bad parents

carol s somers elianemn at juno.com
Wed Jul 8 09:25:44 PDT 1998

I would have to agree with you....there are a lot of good parents in the
SCA, it is just that they are not as noticeable because their children
aren't claiming the spotlight by acting up.  My Lord and I joined the SCA
when our children were 8 and 9 because there was something here for all
of us to do....and a great deal of it that we could do together as a
family.  I think a lot of other families have had the same type of thing
in mind.

Like many others, I am aghast at the 'parents' who have a newborn out in
105 degree weather in the sun, and the others who allow their children to
run rampant at events.  This is particularly upsetting to me if there is
an attractive nuisance on site like a lake or pond.  I just thank heavens
that most of us are not like this and that other parents (of like mind to
myself) take the additional responsibilities upon themselves to keep an
eye on those who are not their own.

Sorry Guys, that just happens to have hit my own personal soapbox!
Lady Eliane

"If you don't have time to do it right the first time,
Where are you going to find the time to do it over??"