ANST - Champion of Glaslyn

dssweet at okway.okstate.edu dssweet at okway.okstate.edu
Mon Jul 27 12:57:03 PDT 1998

Afan Elystan wrote:
>We would like very much to be able to do a history of the group, as
>well as in the future, possibly have another championship tournament.
>So we can dream, right?

     Good luck on your quest for the history of your group. I would,
     however, like to respond to the above part of your text. And in fact,
     I would plead with your group or any other newer group to *NOT* go the
     route of champion/defender/protector/guardian/whatever swiss 5/double
     elim/best 2 of 3 tournament. Instead I would suggest that a more
     period tournament be considered, for example, a pass d'armes or a
     ransom tournament. The modern tournaments get really boring after a
     while, and as well, your group gets stuck with doing the same old
     thing over and over and over again.

     Pardon these ramblings of a mad woman, no offense is meant.

     Estrill