ANST - tangent on rider/warrior thread

Amy Chastain alycie at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 1 20:05:21 PDT 1998

Your idea has many merits and it would be something to think about, but
unless you get them to move out of their neighborhoods and away from
their families (ie. brothers, cousins)I don't think that it would cure
the problem.  The SCA can only happen at certain times, and the rest of
the time they are in the place that they are trying to get away from.  I
may be wrong, though, it wouldn't be the first time.  If it did work,
then I must agree with Caterina.  They live their lives waiting for
violence to happen, the thrill, the anger.  They would DEFINITELY be
dangerous on the field.  Maybe in order to practice the fighting
however, we could give them other targets than humans to begin with.
That way you can see the anger progressing, etc. and when you can see
that it is controlled begin the process of actually fighting.  Say two
weeks, you have 5 mins, the next two 10 mins etc.

It could work...

Amy