ANST - Texas Reniassance Festival cont...

THEODORE KUBRICHT TedK at UH.EDU
Mon Jul 27 17:27:29 PDT 1998

Continued...

Passes will be distributed by a separate SCA troll at the fair entrance.   To attend,
you must call your local liaison and your name will be put on a list.   You may also
call or email myself or Yoshi.   If you find you can't attend after all, please call
back and have your name removed.   You should be able to call until the Friday
afternoon before the weekend you plan to attend.   If the list fills up, you will be
advised of such and may still show up in hopes of getting one of any unclaimed
passes, which will be offered after 10 am on each day.   There are more passes
available this year, so no one should be turned away for lack of space. You are
not required to be an SCA member but you are required to have SCA spirit and
be prepared to help.

Sponsoring groups are invited to sign up now and claim their favorite weekend.
The responsibilities of the groups will be primarily to provide demonstrations of
arts, sciences, music, dance, fighting, and color.   The only mundane task asked
of the groups this year is to provide troll.   The troll should show up with their list
by 5 or 6 PM Friday and be prepared to run troll from then until 12 or 1 AM, and
again from 7 till 11AM each day, longer if possible.   If someone knows that they
will not make it within these hours, they need to arrange to have someone meet
them at the gate to get their pass or arrange to get their passes well ahead of time.
The fair management genuinely hates to let people in to "go get their pass" and
we would like to avoid this.   We will give our cell phone number out for special
cases if necessary.

Much work has been done repairing and dressing up the compound by a
dedicated group of gentles throughout this year.   We have been holding work
weekends once per month since January and have added  flowerbeds, stone
edgings, windowboxes, new locks on the armory, and a stage roof among other
things.   We will have only 2 or 3 more work days before the fair opens and we
need as many interested volunteers as possible to finish up the stonework, touch
up painting, buntings, skittles court, trestles, and plantings.   The  next workday
will be Saturday August 29 from 1PM till dark.   We need your help.

I've only touched upon the changes for this year, but you get the idea.   The plan
for this year is to bring display items, dance, music, fighting, and fill the
compound with SCA-type activity.   There are plenty of passes available.   We
would like to see your spare fighting gear, banners, craft and art items, vintning
and herbal preparations, and talents on display in the front booths and around the
compound.   Bring your spare tapestries and garb and dress up the place.   Bring
your bardic abilities and entertain the participants as well as the crowds.   Come
out and have fun, show off the SCA, and entice new members.   Impress strangers
and make new friends.   Above all, come and enjoy the fair!

In fine Spirit,
Ld. Vaclav Namatko
Tedk at uh.edu

HL. Yoshimoto no Koriyama