ANST - King's Battle Ribbon, Gulf Wars & Principalities

Talen von Marienburg talen at microtutors.com
Tue Jun 2 06:51:40 PDT 1998

I have been advised that my words on this subject might be inflammatory.
This was not my intent, and if you took offense please respond privately as
the last thing we need here is another "March through Georgia" flame war.

Since the intent of my message may not have been obvious, let me elaborate.
I did not mean to imply that the Northern region provided the bulk of the
Rapier fighters, only that their combined efforts with the Chivalric
fighters, water bearers, artisans, volunteers, etc., provided the largest
regional war effort.  Nor was I trying to say that the North is any better
than the any other region, only more established as a group.  My pride in my
region may have been written a little excessively.  I am as proud to be from
Mooneschadowe as from the Northern Region, but still prouder still to be an
Ansteorran.

However, my post was intended more as an example of how years of working
together as a region has helped us to this level, and that those considering
the principality issue might keep this in mind before trying to piece
together a group and move it immediately into a principality.  I did not
mean to offend anyone, and perhaps my words could be perceived as such.  For
that, apologize.

Thank you,

Talen
talen at microtutors.com