ANST - An idea for those with children

jhartel jhartel at net-link.net
Tue Jun 2 10:39:56 PDT 1998

Mark.S Harris wrote:

> ----------
> Hi Stefan, this is Brion out in Aethelmearc.
> Make the child a belt with their name written on the outside and all of their
> camping information on the inside.

Hey ya;ll!

Another neat idea I have seen is a favor for kids to wear.  The one that
specifically comes to mind was seen at Gulf Wars years ago on a girl of
about 4 years old.  It was a large (5x7") white fabric with the child's
home SCA group fabric painted on the front and her name also.  On the
reverse side it said something along the lines of;

	My name is--------.  My mommy and daddy are from the group of
----------, Kingdom of --------------.  Their names
are-------&-----------. Plesae help me find them or someone from our
group.

I asked the mother how others in her group felt at possibly being tagged
with a lost/scaired/hurt child until she or dad could be found and she
said they all were glad to help if it were needed.  She even said that
several others in the group had made them for their children as well.
Of course she hoped the favor would never need to be used, but it gave
them all a feeling of extra security.

I don't see older kids wearing such a favor (ewww...not cool) but for
the younger ones I thought it was neat.

Just wanted to share.