ANST - An idea for those with children

Genevieve de Courtanvaux gdc at airmail.net
Tue Jun 2 16:30:54 PDT 1998

>After having sent my previous post, and upon reflecting on your words I
>agree.  Perhaps the solution then would be to put the parent's/groups
>arms on the front of the favour and all the pertinent info on the back.
>Having spent a year with pre-kinder (4-5 yr.olds)and closely helping
>with kinder (5-6) I know that often times they have no idea of who they
>are. If hurt or scaired all they want is "Mommy or Daddy".  So you ask
>them who their parent's are and all they can say is "Mommy /Daddy".  A
>favour would help locate said parents/group members.
>
>Also, how many young children at events know their parents SCA AND real
>names?  This is something for parents to work on with their children as
>well.
>
>Moriel***

I agree that would be a better solution but the best solution would be for
parents, of children that are too young to navigate a site, keep these young
children within sight. When we first started playing my son was just a baby
and as he grew I saw how much he loved water. Well many of the sites had a
pond, river, or lake and I decided that I could never let him out of my
sight (too many different sites/sights in this post) for fear of him trying
to go for a swim. I also did this because of "predators" that might decide
that he was fair game.

I again urge parents to watch out for your children carefully because people
are not the only danger at our events. (FIRE ANTS.......I swear I've seen
them carry off a grown person before)

Genevieve de Courtanvaux