ANST -.now A&S...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sun Jun 7 06:11:22 PDT 1998

Michael Peters said something that sounded like:
> Does anyone have a recipe for blackberry wine?

Although I do not, I've known others that have and I will ask them. Until
I remember to do that, as a guideline you could follow the strawberry
recipe, but not use as much blackberries.

Although the recipe calls for 2 1/2 gallons of strawberries (*if* I
remember right, it was 2 flats of strawberries), this is because there
is a lot of space around strawberries for liquid to fill into. Since
blackberries would have a lot less of this, I would probably go for 1 1/2
- 1 3/4 gallon of blackberries. Remember to freeze them to get the most
juice out of them. If I were making a mead, I would use half to a third
the volume of fruit since that is not supposed to be the primary flavor.

Unfortunately I do not yet have a press to get the juices out of the
fruit, so I wing it on the volume of fruit for the desired amount
of flavor. With a good press, you can probably use less fruit since you
should get most of the juice out of the fruit.

Remember, I am not a trained professional. Do not try these tricks at
home kids without a net.

Ciao,