ANST -.now A&S...

Kateryn Heathrydge heatherford.manor at juno.com
Sun Jun 7 17:33:53 PDT 1998

On Sun, 7 Jun 1998 08:11:22 -0500 (CDT) "Pug Bainter" <pug at pug.net>
writes:

Remember to freeze them to get the
>most
>juice out of them.

(snip)

>Unfortunately I do not yet have a press to get the juices out of the
>fruit, so I wing it on the volume of fruit for the desired amount
>of flavor. With a good press, you can probably use less fruit since
>you
>should get most of the juice out of the fruit.

Have you considered coring and slicing the fruit, then covering them with
sugar (1 C sugar for about 1 qt of berries or so) and letting them sit
somewhere safe (tupperware in fridge) overnight?  This can pull out a
marvelous amount of juice.  Never tried freezing before.

If this doesn't work, you can always use the berriesfor a superb
shorrtcake :-P !

Kateryn Heathrydge
Three Rivers, Calontir
heatherford.manor at juno.com
Death to all oppressors above baronial level!