ANST - CHAIN MAIL LINKS

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Tue Jun 9 15:50:34 PDT 1998

On 8 Jun 98, at 17:32, Shane B. Internet Consultant  wrote:

>   Thank you very much for tip but I presently do not have the time or
> resources to do that as I have done in the past.  I DO however have the
> time and place for a box of links and a pair of pliers if you take my
> meaning.

some one of the tricks i use when i am in "making" mode ... a leather pouch that holds
work in progress, my pliers (flat "duck billed" electricians pliers), two more smaller
"bag's" to hold the links - one for open links, one for closed links (for 4:1 mesh, 2x as
many as open) ... made the bags out of leather (heavy cloth would work) circle's with a
draw-cord sewn in about a inch below perimeter - draw the cord tight and then tie
around outside of bag to secure closed ... when opened make for good work platforms.
  for work in progress, alway's work on easily managed triangles in field, that are woven
back into the project at home ... made a "holder" of clothes hanger bent into a simple
"safety pin" design - to use, open the gate, slide closed links on the opened side
(about 6-8" wide), close the gate, use these links as the base pair of the next
"open/closed/closed" pair (for 4:1 mesh).  the whole package nests down in the side
bag nicely so it's always there when there are moments to fill ...

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves