ANST - It's been real

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Wed Jun 10 07:39:53 PDT 1998

On 9 Jun 98, at 22:42, Robert Brown wrote:

> ... This list is made for such a purpose.  This list is as varied as our kingdom.
> For each person who has a kingdom stiff in formality, this list is peppered with
> "cute" ness.  For each person loose in their liberality, this list is assailed with it's
> bringers of starch.

one reason i enjoy this list, it reminds me of a SCA event campfire with conversations
cycling from the terminally silly, to the totaly serious, tempers often flair, people take
unwarranted offense, information is exchanged, mundane things mix's with period ...
basically, it reflects the society at large as i've always known it.

and like the society at large, every so often someone gets offended that the environ
dosn't represent their interpretation of what it should be and they leave ... and in time
most wander back.

so it goes.  the society should *always* be what the individual makes it to be for
themselves, not what someone else tell them it is (that suits their interpretation).

as one of my chinese history/culture instructors once put it,  "the pearl of the chi is
found in the mud of the li"

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves