ANST - "POP"!

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Wed Jun 10 09:25:58 PDT 1998

Manfred Wolf wrote:
> To "carbonate" or make a beverage bubbly does not require
> any sophisticated machinery, although it can be done that
> way.  Sufficient  yeast and sugar can make a "sparkling"
> wine or mead.

I'm afraid both you and Pug didn't read the original request
carefully.  Raven snipped text carefully (thank you!), but
Pug snipped too much, including:

Someone asked:
>*BUT* to be on a more SCA oriented plane, were there any
>"carbonated/non-alcholic"-type drinks served in SCA period?  I know
>not like Coke, Pepsi, etc...but did they have anything akin?

"Non-alcoholic", and I interpreted the slash as "and" in the
context of Coke et al.

Raven replied with:
> I don't know, but I wouldn't think they knew of
> carbonation and how would they do it?

I believe Raven was correct -- non-alcoholic carbonation is
19th century and requires some sophisticated pressure
equipment, right?

Daniel "Queen, Under Pressure" de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com;
    if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work account.