ANST - "POP"!

Cougar cougar17 at swbell.net
Tue Jun 23 12:04:56 PDT 1998

I could be wrong, but I personally thought the process had something to
do with "Henry's Law of Gasses." It states that any gas in contact with
a liquid, and placed under pressure, will go into "solution" within the
liquid. If the pressure is released too quickly, the gas comes out of
solution, hence the bubbles in your "Coke." Anyway, that's what they
taught us in scuba diving classes, because the nitrogen is in contact
with your blood and tissues, and when you are way under water for a long
time, it goes into solution. Coming up to the surface to quickly, causes
the nitrogen to come out of solution, causing bubbles in the blood
stream, and tissues. "The dreaded BENDS! :) Also commonly refered to as
"Champagne blood." I kind of figured that they did the same with soda,
and carbon dioxide.

						Cougar!! (who is now turning around, placing his shield over his
derrier, and darting back into the woods.)