ANST - "POP"!

Galen W. Bevel galenbv at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 10 18:38:28 PDT 1998

Bill Osterheim wrote:

> I have no idea about when it was done, but using a yeast strain
> such as bakers yeast produces a lot of CO2 and very little alcohol,
> though I suppose there might be some. I think a pressure-capable
> container would be more of a problem.
>
> PP

That's where the idea that used to go around of brewing being
"dangerous" because of exploding bottles began.  During prohibition,
brewer's yeasts were not available so people often used bakers yeast to
make their beer.  The high carbonation caused higher pressures and the
bottles tended to "pop".   Hmmmm, an interesting turn for a thread of
this name......

Graf Galen Kirchenbauer

Galen W. or Rebecca Bevel
galenbv at ix.netcom.com