ANST - "POP"!

SCOTT A WAGGONER maynedelacroix at juno.com
Thu Jun 11 14:10:51 PDT 1998

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998 16:54:35 -0700 Bill Osterheim
<Polydore at worldnet.att.net> writes:
>> >*BUT* to be on a more SCA oriented plane, were there any
>> >"carbonated/non-alcholic"-type drinks served in SCA period?  I know
>> >not like Coke, Pepsi, etc...but did they have anything akin?
>> Raven replied with:
>> > I don't know, but I wouldn't think they knew of
>> > carbonation and how would they do it?
>I have no idea about when it was done, but using a yeast strain
>such as bakers yeast produces a lot of CO2 and very little alcohol,
>though I suppose there might be some. I think a pressure-capable
>container would be more of a problem.
>
>PP

The question still remains " Was there IN PERIOD any actual carbonated
non-alcoholic beverage that was commonly (or uncommonly) drank?"
So far it has been theories of possibilities, but no documented beverages
listed.

Scott Waggoner
Mayne de la Croix --- The original MiB
Gate's Edge Canton, Barony of  Stargate,  Ansteorra