ANST - swords

SCOTT A WAGGONER maynedelacroix at juno.com
Thu Jun 11 14:10:51 PDT 1998

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998 13:31:24 -0500 (CDT) ches <ches at io.com> writes:
>WOW! What an adventure! A group of us were purchasing a sword for a
>freind as a knighting gift. I called the Dallas PD non emergency phone
number
>to find out how to legally transport the thing from the store in the
>galleria to my home then to the event, I have an explorer so no trunk.
<SNIP>
> Answer was conceal it in the trunk. I have no trunk
<SNIP>
> Conceal it, he said, any way you can.
>
>Ok guys and gals, what happens if I get pulled over?!?! It is sealed
>in a box that cannot be opened without a lot of trouble and has no edge.

<SNIP>
>Ches

If you get pulled over (speeding for example) the police arent going to
search your vehicle unless they suspect you are hiding(usually drugs).
Now if they see anything through the window (a gun/bag of pot/dead
person) that is not allowed they can pinch you, but unless you act really
suspicious (i.e. Like starting off with.... "Hello officer. There is
nothing interesting in the trunk") they will warn you or write you a
ticket and send you on your way. As you say it is in a sealed box and the
box isnt labled something like "CONTAINS ILLEGAL WEAPONS" they wont look
twice at it. I drive around with more stuff than a unibomber would have
and i never have gotten searched. Just in case they DO ask questions
and/or the sword gets out of the box somehow, carry your SCA card to show
them and explain you are transporting it home from the place you just
bought it. You shouldn't have any problems.

Any law enforcement type care to comment?

Scott Waggoner
Mayne de la Croix --- The original MiB
Gate's Edge Canton, Barony of  Stargate,  Ansteorra