ANST - Nobility..

Chris and Elisabeth Zakes moondrgn at bga.com
Thu Jun 11 18:38:33 PDT 1998

>As for
>*all* Barons ranking above Peers, I'm not so sure about that.  I can
>see the reasoning behind Landeds ranking above Peerages, as they
>are the direct representatives of the Crown.  And even though we as
>CB's also represent the Crown (in a roundabout way), we are not
>required to swear fealty, as are Landed Nobles and Peers.  Therefore
>the place assigned to us in the OP seems to be about right.  I understand
>your notion though, you're thinking too literally, and in the context of
>medieval chivalric code.  This has become an amazingly interesting
>discussion!  Bet Galen is sorry he unsubcribed now!
>
>Baroness Caterina

Whoa! Of the Peers, only the Knights are required to swear fealty; MSCA,
Pelican, and Laurel may if they wish. I, too, would prefer that all the
nobility rank together and not be separated by the peerage; but then, I
would prefer that titles be used as they were in period, with "mistress"
being a term used for a non-noble woman who is not a Peer of the Realm, and
"Lady" be used for a noble woman. But this is merely a personal preference.

Aethelyan