ANST - White Scarves as Peers?

sabella sabella at gte.net
Fri Jun 12 15:30:49 PDT 1998

Gunnora Hallakarva wrote:

>  Alaric Styrr of Clan MacEwan wrote:
> > There's actually another avenue for rapier combatants to become peers...
> > Some king (with big cohones) would simply have to advance them to the
> order of
> > knighthood (individually, or en masse). Preferably, he'd do it with the
> > support of the knight's circle (which would help with the resulting
> s***storm), but as
> > he's required only to "consult" the circle, he could do it without.
> > No, it's not likely, but it would be an interesting fight, and might well
> > change the society...
>
> I really don't think this would work.  First, as I mentioned before, not
> every recipient of a White Scarf is Peerage material.  You would have to
> pick and choose which individuals had the attributes required by the
> Society in a Peer.

willyou please tell me what you consider the requirements of a peer?  I have seen
some that wear the white belt and wonder at how they ever managed toget it, and
others that are called peer that I would not
stop to help if they were dieing, and others who will never be called ''a peer''
that far exceed the so called requirements of peerage and a white belt for that
matter but mere jealousy will never allow them to ascend to that august group.