ANST - White Scarves as Peers?

Galen W. Bevel galenbv at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jun 16 18:12:57 PDT 1998

Joel Schumacher wrote:

> As far as knighthood is concerned, maybe it's time to cut back by making
> criteria more stringent or even forcing term-lengths on knighthood where
> you'd have to "requalify" at the end of the term.
>
> One of the requirements of being a knight is being able to fight well.
> I've heard it talked about as an equivalent to a martial arts blackbelt.
> Should a man who earned his knighthood years ago still be a knight if
> he is now old, no longer fights, and indeed could seriously injure
> himself if he tried?
>

> -Karl von Augsburg

What form of Martial Arts revokes a black belt when a person gets to old
to demonstrate his skill any longer?

As for the requirements for becoming a Knight being to lax, and needing
to be made more strict,  I must admit that this is not a complaint I
have heard before, most people complain that it is much to hard, and
that the circle is far to picky. However I have no problem with
implementing the solution.  By all means, let us make the requirements
for all awards more stringent, if that means that people will then
redouble their efforts to perform to that level.

Graf Galen Kirchenbauer

Galen W. or Rebecca Bevel
galenbv at ix.netcom.com